Unlock insights in your organisation
Find out how your organisation can learn from its people and its experiences to become more innovative, responsive and strategic:
- develop a culture that harnesses the know-how and experience of your people
- make knowledge accessible to everyone who needs it, by building knowledge sharing into everyday operations
- Use knowledge management (KM) to achieve and support your strategic objectives.
Why choose this course
This unique course is designed for development professionals who have an interest in information and knowledge management and knowledge sharing approaches. It is ideal for managers of teams and departments, especially for those who recognise the value of sharing beyond organisational roles. It is crucial for those involved in change management and developing organisational strategy in complex adaptive systems. Communications, M&E and learning and development specialists wanting to help others interpret, share and use their insights, find this course equally valuable.
What you will learn
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case study examples you will learn how to:
- create an enabling environment within your own organisation that encourages knowledge sharing
- apply knowledge sharing tools and techniques in practice
- institutionalise KM practices for sharing with internal and external stakeholders
- do a knowledge management assessment of your organisation
- develop and implement a knowledge management strategy within your organisation
Daily Course Objectives
Subject to change to reflect participants' needs.
- Knowledge management fundamentals
- understand the fundamentals of knowledge management and its benefits for your organisation
- align knowledge management with your organisation's strategy and objectives
- identify the key components of knowledge management
- understand the cultural and behavioural elements of knowledge management
- development the right environment for knowledge sharing and overcoming challenges.
Promoting self reflection
- discuss the role of KM in an organisation
- identify where KM is situated in your organisation
- make the best use of organisational assessments
- generate meaningful lessons learned
Maximise knowledge sharing and learning opportunities
- recognise and maximise learning opportunities in the project cycle
- identify and work with knowledge champions
- Share insights of current examples of ICT and social media tools
- explore and apply knowledge sharing techniques and processes
Knowledge management strategy
- conduct a knowledge management assessment and situational analysis
- develop and share steps for a knowledge management strategy
- share insights for overcoming challenges and recognising success in KM in your organisation.
I learned a lot about methods and tools, but it was the opportunity to spend 4 days dedicated to deep exchange and reflection with peers about knowledge sharing that gave me the eureka moments. Robin Vincent-Smith, Programme, Change & Knowledge Manager, MSF Brussels
This is a new date for the course, running a week earlier than previously advertised, apologies for any inconvenience. If you need more information just call the IMA team!