a global community
This course will make use of approaches consistent with RAMSAR’s wise use principles and will draw upon the expertise of Wageningen University and Research, but also other international and national governmental, nongovernmental and private sector organisations. This course is endorsed by the Ramsar Secretariat.
Upon completion of the course you:
- have a greater understanding of the essence of integrated water resources management and water stewardship;
- have a better understanding of the interactions between agriculture and wetlands;
- have improved your skills to facilitate multi-stakeholder processes and be familiar with supportive tools;
- have improved your communication, negotiation, lobby and advocacy skills;
- know better how to deal with conflict;
This course has been designed for wetland managers; for river basin and land-use planners; for policymakers, consultants, researchers, NGO and company staff involved with IWRM, wetlands and food security; and for those who wish to become a (better) water steward. Proficiency in English is required.