What you will learn
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case study examples you will learn how to:
- create an enabling environment within your own organisation that encourages knowledge sharing
- apply knowledge sharing tools and techniques in practice
- institutionalise KM practices for sharing with internal and external stakeholders
- do a knowledge management assessment of your organisation
- develop and implement a knowledge management strategy within your organisation
Daily Course Objectives
Subject to change to reflect participants' needs.
- Knowledge management fundamentals
- understand the fundamentals of knowledge management and its benefits for your organisation
- align knowledge management with your organisation's strategy and objectives
- identify the key components of knowledge management
- understand the cultural and behavioural elements of knowledge management
- development the right environment for knowledge sharing and overcoming challenges.
Promoting self reflection
- discuss the role of KM in an organisation
- identify where KM is situated in your organisation
- make the best use of organisational assessments
- generate meaningful lessons learned
Maximise knowledge sharing and learning opportunities
- recognise and maximise learning opportunities in the project cycle
- identify and work with knowledge champions
- Share insights of current examples of ICT and social media tools
- explore and apply knowledge sharing techniques and processes
Knowledge management strategy
- conduct a knowledge management assessment and situational analysis
- develop and share steps for a knowledge management strategy
- share insights for overcoming challenges and recognising success in KM in your organisation.
"I learned a lot about methods and tools, but it was the opportunity to spend 4 days dedicated to deep exchange and reflection with peers about knowledge sharing that gave me the eureka moments." Robin Vincent-Smith, Programme, Change & Knowledge Manager, MSF Brussels
If you would like more information just call the IMA team!