The QED Group, LLC (QED) may have the need for a full-time Community of Practice (COP) facilitator to work on a financial sector project for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The project collaborates with USAID missions to develop effective and efficient financial sector programs that increase access to financial services and develop well-functioning markets worldwide.
The purpose of the COP is to build USAID organizational and staff capacity to more effectively address and respond to the global financial crisis. It will offer a variety of services to USAID Missions, including a hotline, peer assists, advisory services, e-discussions, and potentially research.
Currently, we are looking for candidates with a background in international development and financial sector programs who have the ability to facilitate a virtual community of practice. The purpose of this position is to connect USAID financial service practitioners around the world in a COP to respond to the financial crisis. This position will help build, support, and promote the COP; coordinate peer assists and advisory services; coordinate with external parties to develop knowledge products or conduct research; and manage a variety of virtual and physical discussions, seminars and other events. The facilitator will report to QED’s Director of Knowledge Management.
The facilitator will be responsible for the following:
* Build, maintain, and promote an online COP
* Coordinate with a variety of organizations to provide advisory services and technical assistance to USAID
* Interface with USAID/Washington and field missions on financial sector topics
* Coordinate online and physical meetings, seminars, and other events that promote knowledge sharing
* Provide technical expertise and substantive input, when appropriate, to members of the COP
* Facilitate the COP and encourage knowledge sharing and collaboration among members
* Develop knowledge products that will help guide Missions’ activities
* Five to eight years of total experience
* Broad knowledge of international development and financial sector issues
* Interest in the global financial crisis
* Experience with facilitating online communities, learning networks, or forums
* Experience working with technical experts on research or knowledge products
* Experience with peer assists or providing other consultative services
* Experience with online and in-person facilitation
* Knowledge of Web 2.0 tools and their appropriate uses
* Outgoing personality
* Excellence in client service
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business, Finance, International Affairs, Political Science, or related area