Dear KM4Dev members from or working in Africa,
The community week consists of:
- A buddying process (where two people from different KM4Dev African communities connect, share experiences and learn about each other, their KM interest/work and perception of how KM4Dev could be made more useful to them (1)) which will culminate in one intensive week from March 25-29 2013
- A three-hour synchronous event (using online video-conferencing facilities) on 28th of March, 2013 where we will share our perspectives and propose some ways forward to make KM4Dev a more Africa-friendly community
The buddying and conversation will be useful to share ideas, insights & resources on some topics and to document insights which will be brought back in the main online event on 28 March. Topics which might be relevant for the buddying could include:
What African and Africa-focused KM4Dev members benefit currently and what could they benefit from KM4Dev to be more relevant?
- Day-to-day KM challenges faced by African KM4Dev members
- Possibilities to get involved in KM4Dev and finding better orientation?
- Organizing a KM4Dev event in Africa (who and how?)
- Novel approaches in managing KM4Dev meetings and events
- Practical examples on contribution of KM4Dev events in solving real problems
- Development of simple & accessible knowledge sharing tools for better integration
But of course any topic that members think relevant can also be shared during the week. So the main event will be used as group platform to bringing together the experiences from the buddying conversations.
We are sincerely hoping you – members of these African KM4Dev communities - will be part of this wonderful experience. Let us know if you would like to join the buddying process and/or the synchronous event at soonest (and 10 March at latest) by indicating it on theKM4Dev for Africa
group or by email to Elias Damtew (elodamtew[at]yahoo.com
) or Metadel Lemma (metilem[at]yahoo.com
Thank you and speak to you soon!
Elias Damtew & Metadel Lemma on behalf of the Ethiopia/Addis Ababa KM4Dev group