a global community
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia and Cambridge, Massachusetts US headquarters, our staff from more than 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The Director of Knowledge Exchange (KE) sets and leads the organization’s strategy and implementation efforts for organizational information-sharing, internal communication and collaboration, and knowledge management. The Director works to achieve MSH’s knowledge exchange objective of leveraging our knowledge assets for greater health impact by capturing, synthesizing, sharing and applying best practices throughout the organization each day. The Director and his/her staff works closely with the rest of the communications and knowledge exchange experts throughout the organization, business and resource development teams, the Leadership Team, our Chiefs of Party, Project Directors, monitoring and evaluation staff, and the Director of Strategic Communications to achieve these objectives. The Director oversees a corporate Knowledge Exchange Unit of seven full-time staff but also works across the organization to promote the value, adoption, and use of Knowledge Exchange approaches and platforms.
Knowledge Exchange, Knowledge Management, and Capacity-Building
- Proven management and leadership of high performance teams
- The ability to work with, influence, and align senior colleagues.
- Strong financial and human resource management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Fundamental understanding of information content and associated issues.
- An in-depth appreciation of appropriate IT and its utilization in support of improved knowledge exchange.
- Team building leadership and motivation skills.
- Seven to ten years of experience in Knowledge Management. Must be a Knowledge Management/Knowledge Exchange champion.
- Master degree or equivalent experience in knowledge management, internal communications, international development, or related field.
- Progressive experience in a leadership role changing the behavior of an organization and creating a culture of knowledge exchange and collaboration. (10+ years)
- Proven experience in using social learning and Web 2.0 approaches in knowledge exchange. Mobile health experience/interest would be a plus.
- International experience a must.
- Experience with Knowledge Management platforms such as MS SharePoint a plus.
- French and/or Spanish language a plus.
- Experience working on proposal teams a plus.
** Please apply online at https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/3957/job **