The Water Tracking, Estimating, and Reporting Support (WaTERS) Program provides support to the USAID Water Team including: 1) accessing and managing USAID water and coastal resources management information; 2) providing technical support for analysis and reporting; 3) accessing technical information relating to water and coastal resources; and, 4) knowledge management activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
ME&A is recruiting a Knowledge Management Specialist for the WaTERS Program in order to work as a part of a team contributing to the implementation of the USAID Water Team’s C/KM strategy.
The KM Specialist’s responsibilities include:
1. Working closely with the WaTERS Team, as well as the USAID Water C/KM Steering Committee and Working Group, to identify and prioritize the needs related to enabling better communications, learning and training, and collaboration in the USAID’s water sector programming
2. Designing, conducting, and analyzing the results of, needs assessments for different components of the C/KM program
3. Recommending, designing and providing technical guidance in the implementation of activities related to meeting those identified needs
4. Clearly communicating recommendations and reporting achievements to audiences with diverse professional and technical backgrounds
5. Overseeing the creation of new, and adaptation of existing, web-based resources, especially using Web 2.0 technologies
6. Guiding the development of learning and training resources, especially related to online tools
7. Guiding the development of communities of practice
8. Giving clear guidance to subcontractors providing technical products and services, and
9. Designing, conducting, and analyzing the results of performance assessments for different components of the C/KM program.
The Knowledge Management Specialist will report directly to the WaTERS Program Manager for all their work. As part of a team, the Knowledge Management Specialist will respond to requests from our USAID clients. This position requires extensive client interaction.
This is a DC-based position. Only applicants residing in, or who have plans to move to, the Washington, DC metropolitan area will be considered as candidates for this position.
Job Qualifications for the Knowledge Management Specialist
Successful candidates for the above-described position will possess the following qualifications:
1. Masters or PhD degree in communications, organizational development, management, international relations, and/or a related field
2. Minimum five years relevant experience in the design and implementation of activities promoting: knowledge management; communications; online learning, training, and collaboration, especially utilizing Web 2.0; and communities of practice
3. Demonstrated leadership, management and organizational skills; ability to be responsive to client needs and to meet short deadlines; a professional demeanor
4. Knowledge of USAID and their operations preferred, as well as an understanding of the unique environment in which USAID projects operate
5. Experience working and living in a developing country environment is preferred
6. Excellent communication and writing skills, and
7. Ability to work both independently and in a team
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.