a global community
Monitoring and Evaluation/Knowledge Management Specialist
Last Date: June 10, 2010
For over 45 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 42 countries and revenues of over $110 million.
Monitoring and Evaluation/Knowledge Management Specialist, Melanesia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)/Knowledge Management Specialist for an AusAID-funded multicountry program based in Asia Pacific. The position is contingent on ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program. The M&E/Knowledge Management Specialist will be responsible for monitoring the progress of program activities, capturing knowledge gathered during program implementation and managing the process of information sharing within the program to foster increased knowledge and capacity building.
Monitoring and Evaluation Duties:
• Track and analyze project indicators and other useful statistics and prepare high-quality and timely reports using the recommended formats and communication channels.
• Manage country-based M&E officers and assist them in developing understanding the value chain participants and their inter-relationships.
• Support and guide the design of country-specific M&E activities to increase the flow and effectiveness of information.
• Participate in evaluations, selected research activities and baseline surveys by providing the necessary program and organizational support.
Knowledge Management Duties:
• Design and implement the project’s knowledge management system to ensure that knowledge and lessons learned are being effectively shared and applied regularly throughout the project’s offices and activities.
• Actively participate in the knowledge management process to capture relevant formal and informal information that will inform decisions, support project reporting requirements and foster learning within the project. Participate in knowledge-capture events that include staff and partner exchanges, staff-to-staff exchanges, regular regional staff meetings and regular all-staff meetings.
• Design and apply other knowledge management tactics as appropriate to promote project learning and capacity building that will result in the more effective implementation of the project.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in international development and in developing and implementing M&E systems in similar projects
• Advanced degree in sociology, statistics, international relations or other relevant field preferred.
• Proven experience and skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods, survey design and implementation, and statistical data analysis required.
• Demonstrated success in using creative approaches in the field of knowledge management.
• Experience in writing reports and proposals for international donors.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Experience with AusAID-funded projects preferred.
• Fluency in English is required.
The job has been submitted to www.devnetjobs.org and is accessible at: http://188.8.131.52/jobman/publish/article_65690.shtml