Please see the following link for a temporary job opportunity which may be of interest to persons within your networks.
For more information, you can also see a copy of the text below.
Please send on as you see fit.
Thanks, and best to all,
For the period February-July 2010, IICD is looking for a colleague to strengthen the Thematic Networks (TN) team in the area of harvesting lessons learned from IICD experiences in the South and to prepare materials for dissemination.
During the replacement of the Officer Knowledge Sharing, you will be responsible for harvesting lessons learned, producing content for knowledge sharing products, and facilitating the exchange of information. During this period your focus will be on Lessons Learned by IICD in Capacity Development and Innovation.
You will report directly to team leader International Programmes, and will work in close co-ordination with the staff of both the International Programmes team and the Country Programmes (CP) team, particularly the Capacity Development Officers who work in the nine different countries. Your tasks will include:
• Facilitating the exchange of information and experiences between CP members, particularly the Capacity Development Officers, the National ICT4D Network Officers and TN in order to gather and document lessons learned;
• Extracting lessons learned from project documents and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data and analyse IICD-supported projects and programmes in close collaboration with staff members of the Country Programmes team;
• Preparing clear and concise articles and studies on projects and programmes for online and print publications in close collaboration with staff members of the International Programmes team, particularly related to Capacity Development and Innovation.
• Working experience within the ICT4D context;
• Affinity with appropriate technologies in ICT4D;
• Working experience and/or good knowledge of online collaboration tools;
• Working experience in knowledge management and/or knowledge sharing methodologies;
• Working experience in the South;
• Fluent in English, preferably with a working knowledge of French and/or Spanish;
• Experience in analysing raw data and the ability to translate such data into lessons learned for inclusion in TN products. Experience with analysing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data is an advantage;
• Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate a difficult concept in simple language and terminology;
• Good interpersonal communication skills;
If you fulfil the aforementioned requirements and have a strong commitment to sustainable development and poverty alleviation, we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV with a short covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to fill this position as soon as possible: the deadline for applications is therefore 31 January 2010. More information about IICD can be found at www.iicd.org