Learning Technology Specialist
The Learning Technology Specialist provides ongoing support to TRG’s client work by bringing core skills and knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous learning and collaboration, mobile learning, social media and other web 2.0 technologies and an eye for design of products (e.g. websites, graphics, etc.) with the user-experience in mind. The Learning Technology Specialist works with both internal and external clients to identify learning needs and based on those needs choose the best mix of interventions to achieve results.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with TRG OD/Training Consultants and other project staff to design, deliver, implement, monitor, and evaluate technology-supported solutions for TRG clients including but not limited to:
- Interactive website development
- Asynchronous e-learning design
- Synchronous learning design
- Advanced survey development
- Integration of social media
- Build the internal capacity of TRG staff to:
- Offer appropriate options for technology-supported interventions to external clients
- Stay current on what is evolving in the tech field as it relates to learning and OD
- Actively curate and bring learning opportunities to TRG staff.
- Provide input on technology investments in products and services.
- Manage external vendors.
- Participate in creating new products, meet client needs in new ways, and support new business proposal writing and costing for new contracts.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Education Requirements:
- A 4-year college degree in instructional design, interactive media design, educational technology or other related degree program and 2 years’ experience, or 7 years’ relevant experience.
- Superior client relations orientation.
- Excellent ability to coach and train others, to inspire and motivate staff who may not be technologically proficient, and to draw on experience with technology to bring imaginative perspectives to solving problems related to learning.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or equivalent graphic development/editing programs.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS and ability to design interactive websites using a variety of web development tools (e.g. Dreamweaver, WordPress, Moodle, Drupal, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of technology tools and ability to collaboratively design and deliver asynchronous and synchronous learning and development interventions (e.g. needs assessments, e-learning sessions, interactive websites) tailored to client needs.
- Broad knowledge of and passion to continuously learn about current technologies including, but not limited to:
- Learning and content management systems (e.g. Moodle, Drupel).
- Web development tools (e.g. Wordpress, Dreamweaver).
- Authoring tools (e.g. Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, etc.).
- Synchronous web meeting/training platforms (e.g. Adobe Connect, WebEx, MeetingToGo, etc.).
- Social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Mobile applications.
- Basic video and audio production and editing skills.
- Experience in development of e-learning systems (synchronous and asynchronous).
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in both public and private sector.
- Prior experience working in international settings including developing countries.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website www.trg-inc.com to find out more information about our company. Please send your resume and an original cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Learning Technology Specialist” in the subject line of your e-mail. Your cover letter should specifically discuss why you feel you are a good fit for this opportunity. We will follow up with you should we feel that your background and experience meets the requirements of the position. No phone calls please.
This advertisement is for a new position and a final hiring decision is contingent on approval of TRG’s 2013 corporate budget.
TRG is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with TRG depends solely on your qualifications.