a global community
Time: March 12, 2018 to March 30, 2018
Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands
Website or Map: http://www.wur.nl/en/Expertis…
Event Type: short, course, training
Organized By: van Lent
Latest Activity: Aug 29, 2017
This three-week course empowers you to manage food safety throughout the value chain. You will learn about functional elements like standards and regulations, monitoring and surveillance, control management, inspection and certification, risk communication, and training and education.
Practice a step-wise approach to improve your own control system: benchmark current practice, identify local challenges and opportunities and design a strategy to manage the change process.
Develop skills (and confidence) to engage with others to bring about change in your own organization, major clients or other stakeholders.
The course includes lectures, real life examples, simulations, individual and group assignments, case studies and field trips.
Upon completion you will be able to:
- explain key concepts and elements of national food safety;
- describe current safety hazards and understand how these translate into risk and control limits;
- identify institutional constraints and options to improve national control systems;
- engage in setting up or improving elements of a (national) food safety control system;
- advise governments, sector organisations and development organisations on food safety governance issues;
- develop education and training programmes on food safety control;
This course is aimed at business, civic society or government professionals engaged in food quality and safety management, including research, public controls, production, manufacturing and trade. Participants need to have a professional education and at least three years of professional experience in agri-food chains, be proficient in the English language, have some computer skills and be able to share real life cases.
Price: 3,900 Euro
Course date: 12 - 30 March 2018
Application deadline: 29 January 2018
Deadline NFP (KOP) /MENA: 18 October 2017 (for a fellowship opportunity)
Location: The Netherlands
RSVP for International short course: Governance & food safety in international food chains to add comments!
Join Knowledge Management for Development