Knowledge Management/FRAMEweb Community Manager
Environmental Communications, Learning and Outreach Project (ECO)
Engility Corporation, building on IRG’s legacy in international development, seeks a Knowledge Management Specialist/FRAMEweb Community Manager for its Environmental Communication, Learning and Outreach Project (ECO). The KM Specialist will report to the Senior Knowledge Manager (KM) and Communications Specialist and will be responsible for maintaining the FRAMEweb site in collaboration with support staff at NewsGator Technologies, which will provide overall software support. The KM Specialist will engage with Global Climate Change (GCC), Water and Natural Resources Management practitioners, and senior decision makers in Web-based discussion groups that address specific themes and topics. He/she also will lead outreach efforts to increase membership and participation in activities using FRAMEweb.
- Moderate online discussions and facilitate networking between members;
- Manage and maintain functionality of the Tomoye/Newsgator ECCO software for FRAMEweb.org;
- Distribute knowledge to FRAMEweb members, such as current discussions and related resources of interest, based on user contributions;
- Produce GCC and Water and Natural Resources Management-themed content for the FRAMEgram e-newsletter, and disseminate it using the Constant Contact software;
- Maintain the FRAMEweb distribution list;
- Transfer knowledge from FRAMEweb.org to other ECO tasks and vice versa;
- Manage and coordinate blended learning events (i.e., Webinars via Adobe Connect Platform);
- Assist in the development of a transition plan for FRAMEweb’s software, hardware, and content in preparation for the end of the contract.
Minimum Tangible Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field;
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of Knowledge Management with a minimum of three years of experience;
- Basic knowledge of contact list databases;
- Experience with email marketing, preferably using cloud-based services such as Constant Contact or Mailchimp;
- Experience with moderating Web-based discussions and with helping Communities of Practice (CoP) to form and operate;
- Experience with social media platforms for networking and information exchange;
- Excellent writing skills.
- Master’s degree preferred in communications, knowledge management, international development , environmental studies, or a related field;
- Technical knowledge of environmental subject matter (e.g., climate change, biodiversity, and/or forestry, etc.) strongly preferred;
- Experience working with USAID projects or missions;
- International living experience in a developing country;
- Language skills (French or Spanish).
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
How to apply: Go to ECO KM/FRAMEweb Community Manager and follow the instructions for applying online.
Engility Corporation was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from “engineering” and “agility” and we employ great people who anticipate our customers’ needs and move quickly to serve them. Engility has some 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers. At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the highest standards of integrity, accountability and respect, honoring our commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Our core competencies include Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics, and international capacity development.
For more than 30 years, IRG (now International Development Services Group within Engility) has helped foreign governments, the private sector, communities, and households manage critical resources to build a cleaner, safer, and more prosperous world. We have completed more than 850 contracts in over 140 countries, delivering high-quality, cost-effective services that promote positive economic growth, institutional and social change, and intelligent use of resources – human, physical, environmental, and financial.