This is a place where latest news of the KM4D Journal is available but also where we also have discussions of articles.
Latest Activity: yesterday
We are looking for contributions for the September 2013 issue of the KM4D Journal. The link to the Call for Papers is here: KM4DJ_call_for_papers%20September%202013.pdf
We are looking for contributions on:
- Knowledge integration and co-creation:
- Knowledge production in ‘non-traditional’ knowledge institutions, such as consultancy firms, think tanks and NGOs;
- Knowledge production by citizens and civic organisations looking to build counter-expertise;
- Joint processes initiated by non-academia (government, industry, public, NGOs) or scientists;
- Integration of multiple knowledges linked to the perspectives and roles of the various stakeholders: individual knowledge, local specialised knowledge, organisational knowledge and holistic knowledge (Brown 2011). This is by no means easy because of the different frames of reference and differences in opinion. Some stakeholders’ knowledge will be implicit, neither written down (codified) nor put into words;
- Participation of stakeholders in the process and in the design of the solution.
- Combination of methods which take into account the complexity of the system such as actor analysis, causal analysis, and system analysis;
- Encouragement of mutual learning in focus groups, round tables, expert sessions, stakeholder dialogues etc.
- Contributions focusing on local scientific, cultural and political practices.
The Guest Editors team who will be working with me on this issue comprise: Valerie Brown, Sebastiao Ferreira, Wenny Ho, Barbara Regeer and Marjolein Zweekhorst.
Submission deadlines are as follows:
Submission deadline for the title and abstract 15 April 2013
Acceptance of paper proposal 30 April 2013
Submission of full paper 15 June 2013
Peer-review completed 31 June2013
Final version of paper submitted 31 July 2013
Publication date 1 September 2013
Please send your submissions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear AllThe September 2013 Special Issue of the journal is now online at: …Continue
Started by SarahCummings Nov 27.
Started by Denise Senmartin Jul 7.
This global ranking of KM/IC journals puts the KM4D Journal at 14th in 2012, compared with 17th in 2005. Shared with kind permission of one of the authors, Nick Bontis.…Continue
Started by SarahCummings Jun 26.
Knowledge Management for Development JournalCall for PapersVolume 9, Issue No. 3, December 2013Facilitating multi-stakeholder processes: balancing internal dynamics and institutional politicsThe…Continue
Started by Ewen Le Borgne Mar 15.