Long before 17th century, pre-science evolution taken place in which the behavior of human nature was to understanding all the physical evidence through their senses and mind. Beyond their sense making and mind abilities, all considered as supernatural phenomenon.
Beginning 17th century, Data and Information processing era taken place through systematic framework called as scientific method. This era of science reach their culminating evolution at the end of 20th century marked with the development of Data and Information Management. The scientific era frequently called as Newtonian era.
THE EMERGING KNOWLEDGE AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
At the beginning of 21th century marked with Knowledge Management as prominent continuation of Data and Information Management. DIKW concept, stand for Data-Information-Knowledge-Wisdom continuum, becoming outstanding issue as well as Knowledge Management (KM) becoming full blown phenomenon as a discipline entity, but marked with unique and somewhat “strange behavior” such as following (some cited from Seth Early, 2007 ) :
• No acceptable and workable KM definition so far. Never before in human history of science, we could hardly define a learning object as in defining K as well as KM. There area over 60 KM definitions we could find in the literatures! It seems something must go wrong with this phenomenon as far as our mindset is scientific mindset and supposing we have “treated successfully KM” as “Scientific Knowledge”
• The essence meaning of Scientific Knowledge still “blurring”, marked with some problems of KM eg relevant knowledge is in the eye of the beholder, no “right answers”, language is imprecise, meaning is vague, centralized control and creation of knowledge does not work….
• Scientific knowledge as well as KM also challenged by : lack of clarity, absence of meaningful measures, lack of understanding of knowledge flow, complex and changing business environment, knowledge needs are context specific and differing perspectives lead to lack of alignment
• Not as Data and/or Information, K as well as KM considered as having characteristics of Complex System that have so many interrelated components that predicting outcomes becomes difficult if not possible.
THE NATURE OF KNOWLEDGE, KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND DIKW MODEL
Further, by nature, Knowledge totally different with Data and/or Information. In the process of Knowledge formation, Knowledge evolved as emergent behavior inside human body as complex system, having consciousness and free will (mind and value) as well as behaving dynamically as subject. It is contrary with Data and Information which is exist outside human body, still treated as object, passive, static and having no consciousness. This is the overlying condition why KM seems in the grey area, behaving as pseudo science and still difficult for us to define KM universally accepted.(Visit http://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/we-are-the-knowledge-hy
... - WE ARE THE KNOWLEDGE : HYBRID DEFINITION OF KNOWLEDGE) ,
-KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT IS NOT PSEUDO SCIENCE : KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT IS KNOWLEDGEABLE SCIENCE and http://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/knowledge-r-us-not-know...
- KNOWLEDGE ‘R’ US (not “KNOWLEDGE ‘R’ OURS”)
Science and technology successfully developed going along DIKW evolution pathway. On the other hand, KM evolved proceeding after Information Management era. The role of Knowledge in emerging KM giving new paradigm to human history in seeing the human scientific mindset since the last three centuries. The impact of new paradigm of Knowledge surely will give wide impact on the development of science and technology in the near future.
ADDRESING THE CURRENT EVOLUTION OF SCIENCE AND BEYOND
We’ve noted at least there are five basic implications resulting from new paradigm of Knowledge that most likely will giving wide impact on our mindset ( http://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/five-basic-implications...
). From this standpoint we come up with general explanation on this phenomenon ( http://www.scribd.com/doc/29259487/KNOWLEDGE-R-US-not-KNOWLEDGE-R-OURS
The shifting paradigm of Knowledge will open towards new era in which Scientific Knowledge, a term where Knowledge treated as object, could becoming “Knowledgeable Science”, a term where Knowledge treated as subject resulting a state where we're no longer rely absolutely to “deducto-hypothetico-verificative” as our scientific mind set. The “evident-based” as well as “gnosis” method will complement that “old” mind set where we could (believe it or not) “Doing by Learning” instead of “Learning by Doing” as commonly believed (visithttp://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/the-future-of-learning-... - THE FUTURE OF LEARNING : WILL IT BE PARADIGM SHIFT FROM “LEARNING BY DOING” TOWARDS “DOING BY LEARNING” ?)
KM also should adjust its position regarding the race between human and the machine (technology) reaching its peak a.k.a singularity in exponentially way around 2012. After it is achieved around 2012 (?), it will be the “Jump Time” for us to make “Great Turning” from the BRAIN as locus of Mind to the DNA as locus of Consciousness and Value”. How KM and the organization will adjust to new era? Should you Visit http://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/knowledge-towards-2012-
... - KNOWLEDGE TOWARDS 2012 : GREAT TURNING FROM MIND BRAIN TO CONSCIOUSNESS DNA
For further anticipation we’ve systematically developed the analogy with Human System Biology (HSB) applied to KM model called as HSB-based KM model (visit our K-Base http://delicious.com/mobeeknowledge/humansystembiology
and take attention especially to http://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/the-epistemology-of-human
) and fundamentally rooted from our DI – KW model in which DI separated from KW, not DIKW as a continuum considering that Knowledge is human knowing tools achieved as inborn as well as acquired (visit our Knowledge-Base on DI – KW model http://delicious.com/mobeeknowledge/di-kwmodel
). Finally, our outcomes are two kinds of KM definitions, Contextually-driven KM definition and Content-based driven KM definition ( http://www.scribd.com/doc/28696847/How-to-re-postulating-the-paradi
... and http://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/why-knowledge-managemen...
and link http://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/human-enlightment-staging
OUR RELATED LINK AND KNOWLEDGE-BASE
To sum up, should you visit the following link http://mobeeknowledge.ning.com/forum/topics/the-edge-of-scientific
- THE EDGE OF SCIENTIFIC BOUNDARY : KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT DOMAIN (take attention to the Attachment THE STRUCTURE OF PHYSICS - KNOWLEDGE - KM.pdf ) as well as our significant Knowledge-base http://delicious.com/mobeeknowledge/kmdefinition
, and our brief narratives collection on Knowledge and KM at http://www.scribd.com/people/documents/19864380-md-santo