We are pleased to invite you to attend the KM4Dev meeting and the Knowledge Share Fair for Latin America and The Caribbean which will take place in the week of May 24, 2010 at the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) in Cali, Colombia. About the KM4Dev meeting
This year the event will be connected to the below-mentioned CGIAR-FAO Knowledge Fair. During that event many cases and experiences will be shared among participants. This will enable the KM4Dev meeting to build on what precedes it and move the network to a higher degree of development. Therefore the program will have two core threads. The first one will provide the space to strengthen the network itself and to identify new projects and collaborative actions within the region and beyond. The second one will provide a space to explore new techniques, methodologies and approaches to knowledge sharing and information management processes. The agenda is included here: http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dfxcnwfw_6fxj89bd8
The event blog is available at: http://km4dev2010.wordpress.com About The Fair
We received more than 90 proposals from more than 10 countries. Therefore we have been able to design a most interesting tentative agenda which you can preview at: http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dfxcnwfw_6fxj89bd8
The event is being organized by the Information and Communications Technology and Knowledge Management Program (ICT-KM) of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), the Knowledge Management for Development Community (KM4Dev), and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT).
This Fair emphasizes Latin America and the Caribbean as a region, and has the following objectives:
· Demonstrate how formal and informal knowledge sharing improves the effectiveness, efficiency, and impact of working activities
· Share and learn from each other’s good practices
· Provide staff from different organizations with the opportunity to get to know and learn from each other to create linkages and networks for future collaboration
· Develop ideas to support and enhance knowledge sharing within and across organizations
· Experiment with tools and methodologies for knowledge sharing
The Fair will be structured in exhibition stands, hands-on training, and facilitated sessions with interactive modes of presenting the activities, focusing on experiences and lessons learned (see attached tentative agenda). Participants will explore how different face-to-face knowledge sharing methods and e-tools can be applied to their work and present innovative solutions that encourage effective collaboration, networking, and leadership.
The week consists in 3 events:
1. A pre-event: The meeting organized by RIMISP about “Market access strategies for the rural poor in Latin America”, on May 24.
2. The Knowledge Fair, that will be held from May 25 to 27, the last day only in the morning.
3. A post-event: The meeting of the Knowledge Management for Development Community (KM4Dev), on May 27 in the afternoon and May 28.
You are cordially invited to participate in the three events.
In order to register, please fill out the form that is available at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SFQX7S3
before May 14.