Support activities related to the development, maintenance, and improvement of the IDB’s Bank Repository of Institutional Knowledge (BRIK), a user-friendly web based platform for the consolidation and enhanced dissemination of knowledge products.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Identify knowledge products to be included in BRIK collections.
- Perform quality control of document metadata, adhering to defined standards and procedures.
- Compile and analyze data on the accessibility and visibility of knowledge products, using developed metrics framework.
- Support users with questions related to ingest and use of BRIK, including providing hands-on training where necessary.
- Draft content for communication and teaching purposes as required.
- Responsible for keeping Repository Project web Portal up to date and providing feedback.
- Other activities as assigned, in support of KNM staff person responsible for coordination of the IKR project.
- Research Fellow should have completed, or currently be pursuing, a master’s degree in one of these areas: Economics (Macro or Development a plus), Latin American Studies, Library Sciences, Information Sciences, Knowledge Management, or a related discipline.
- Proficient in both Spanish and English, written and spoken. Portuguese and/or French a plus.
- Highly proficient in conducting internet research and utilizing current web technology, etc.
- Experience with taxonomy/vocabulary development, and knowledge of metadata schemas desired, but not required.
- Research Fellow must be detail-oriented and able to act independently and creatively.
- Should be comfortable dialoguing with and synthesizing for (orally and written) different levels of authority.
- Should be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
Contract and Work Location
One year beginning in July/August at Bank headquarters in Washington DC.
Graduate students and recent graduates encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Kyle Strand: kyles at iadb.org