Please consider sharing this announcement widely.
- Lead implementation of the CIAT data management strategy in accordance with CGIAR’s open access policy and coordinate the necessary processes in collaboration with researchers, corporate communications, and the information technology unit.
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance in identifying and implementing improved mechanisms for data and information management.
- Provide project management and coordination for implementation of data and information management.
- Interact with CIAT scientists and support staff in dealing with issues related to data access, including the production of quality data that can be archived and published via existing databases.
- Oversee development and implementation of standards to make data and information more widely available to CIAT staff and partners.
- Participate in major events and collaborate with external groups, organizations, and associations to improve data and information management and publishing.
- A post-graduate degree in relevant fields, such as information management or computer science.
- 5-7 years of experience working in scientific environments
- Strong background in developing and implementing data standards and a good understanding of open access, open data, and knowledge management initiatives
- Familiarity with agricultural research for development, data and information management, and computer science
- Awareness of developments in information technology and ability to advise project teams on latest information technology solutions
- Understanding of the importance of making data readily available as an international public good.
- Commitment to sharing information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and self-learning
- Ability to work effectively in teams based on excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English. Ability to speak Spanish will be an advantage.
Terms of employment
The Data and Information Manager position is being recruited internationally, and will be based at CIAT headquarters in Cali, Colombia. The initial contract will be for 2 years, subject to a probation period of three (3) months, and will be renewable, depending on performance and availability of resources. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality. Women from Africa, Latin America, and Asia are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, send us a cover letter with your qualifications and suitability together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including the names and addresses of three persons who are familiar with your professional qualifications and work experience. Direct your correspondence to Ms. Isabella Botero (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the CIAT Human Resources Office, indicating clearly “CIAT Data and Information Manager’’ in your application letter and email message. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The position will remain open until filled
We invite you to learn more about us at: